Claire is an art therapist and social worker with over 35 years’ experience, who has worked in a broad range of settings including:
- Child and youth mental health
- Adult mental health
- Alcohol and drug rehabilitation
- Child and family counselling services
- Primary and secondary schools
- Private practice with children, young people and adults
- Individual supervision
- Groupwork, including creative team building and supervision
Claire is also an art therapy lecturer at the University of Queensland, on the Masters of Mental Health – Art Therapy program in the Faculty of Health Sciences.
Claire brings her wealth of experience and knowledge to all her sessions, as well as:
- the ability to listen and connect
- empathy, compassion and understanding
- creativity and fun
- a love of making things
- a straightforward, down to earth manner
Claire also appreciates how hard it can be to take the first step, and she encourages you to let her know how she can make this easier for you. Every person who seeks help is different, and you are guaranteed an individual approach tailored to your needs.
As well as art therapy, Claire draws on social work, mindfulness, neurobiology, acceptance and commitment therapy, narrative therapy and other evidence based approaches in her practice.
If you would like more information – please make contact.
Claire is an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker, a Professional Member of ANZACATA, and works with NDIS funded clients who are plan or self managed.